Benefits of Circles of Support
- Close to 90% of active participants remain in the community rather than being returned to prison. This results in taxpayer saving as well as fewer victims!
- 83% obtain employment within 60 days of release.
- More than 90% obtain housing within six months.
Participants indicated what they appreciate about Circles:
- “I’m grateful that there has been an outlet for them where I can just go and talk”
- “…the positive atmosphere and guidance in knowing when I ask for support I will get it, especially when I’m not sure where to turn.”
- “… someone to talk with, support from re-offending as well as helping me with making positive decisions”
- “A new positive network of people”
- 91% of participants who participated in the study said Circles has helped them not re-offend.